Monday, February 27, 2012

a walking bad decision

Third weekend, done and done!  Last week seemed to be just a series of annoyances one after the other, so this week I'm determined to have a better one.  I have to say it isn't starting out promisingly, but last week started out awesome and ended up as it was, so hopefully there'll be another flip-flop.

Friday, as I wrote, was pretty terrible, but I woke up on Saturday determined to have a good one, and I did.  I didn't have any cash to get a coffee or any Redline (aka my crack juice: it's an energy shot like 5 hour energy but vastly superior.)  so I had to pop an excedrin just for the caffeine.  As soon as I did I felt loads better, and people were buying wings, and buying BIG, expensive ones, so I was happy.  Yesterday, however, was the crappiest of crappy faire days.  The patrons were like zombies shambling around, giving nothing back but blank stares when I asked them how they were doing or said hello.  I wondered if it was just the wing booth, but later I went to watch a little bit of the Clan Tynker show (more about them in a minute) and they were performing amazing feats and stunts, and the people watching barely clapped or hooted.  It was pretty hot, the hottest day yet, but come on, it's ARIZONA!  What's the point of even coming to a Renaissance Faire if you're just gonna be boring and not enthusiastic about anything?

Speaking of enthusiastic, my new favorite show at the faire (besides London Broil, forever the best show at any faire ever [and i don't say that just because I used to date one of them...it's true!]) is Clan Tynker.  I'm mostly just intrigued by them as people, because I want to know every detail of their upbringing and being 5 siblings who travel around doing amazing circus tricks from around the world is just awesome.  I have a little girl-crush on Serendipity, who doesn't speak but does a lot of twirling and bubble-blowing and has a super long black braid and her face painted pale white and pink.   Anyway, they do all sorts of Stupid Human Tricks and it's awesome.  I love Stupid Human Tricks!  maybe one day I'll learn one (note: this will probably never happen.)

The Clan Tynker page...check it out!

I had a bunch of notes written out about yesterday, because I was bored and had time to write notes, but I don't remember many.

-A quote I heard, by Miguel of Don Juan and Miguel:  "holding hands, eh?  watch out, that leads straight to stretch marks and labor pains!"

-A dude walking around shirtless with long, messy dreads (not the good kind), and a torso full of Mistake Tattoos...two huge pot leaves surrounded by smaller pot leaves on his chest, one of those Juggalo running man things on his arm, a poorly done black and white skull on his ribs, and various others.  He of course was hand in hand with a girl who seemed perfectly normal.  How is it that these walking Bad Decisions always seem to find some poor person to be their mate?

-Some teenagers you can just tell are going to grow up to have really weird sex lives.

I think I'm going out sometime this week to watch Louie and the other dudes do Comedy somewhere in Phoenix.  He said he'd text me and I could ride with them.  That would be so nice.  I said I would go, and I know Louie pretty well, so I must repeat to myself I will-I will-I WILL go, i will not-I will not- I WILL NOT bail out to just sit in my tent alone all night instead.  

It's really super windy outside, but there's an old and a young dude playing chess at one of the tables outside of the coffee shop, so I'm gonna watch them do that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment