Friday, February 17, 2012

door to door

Well, I couldn't be more happy with today!

But let's start with yesterday.  It was my first day of work.  I went to Treasures of the High Seas (hereafter to be referred to as TotHS) to help my boss and his two pirate workers do some things.  I mostly just stamped receipt pads and put jewelry out.  Patrick (my boss) is really harried right now getting everything in the booth set up while also making wings, so he was a bit short with us, but I can tell he's a cool guy.  The other pirates are cool as well.  That's about all that happened yesterday besides checking in with Matt, my mom's friend and one of the jousters.

Today I went to the grocery store down the street to use the coinstar, thus tripling my funds (I can't wait for faire to start so I'll have some money!) I noticed a little cafe beside it that advertised free wifi so I went in.  Everyone was really nice, and I was informed that rennies get a 5% discount if we show our pass.  Awesome!  As I settled in next to an outlet, 2 girls my age walked in giggling.  They weren't hippie-ish so I thought they might be locals until the woman behind the counter asked where they were from and they said the renaissance festival!

Apparently they're from Pittsburgh and only one is working here, her best friend just came to make sure she survived the drive, but she's leaving after this weekend.  It's Danielle's first time on the circuit as well, so we all spent about 3 hours just gabbing away, much to the amusement of a young native with a door to door painting business, who listened in and joined our conversation.

I can already tell that Danielle and I are going to be good friends, because she's really similar to me and sweet and uninvolved in any drama.  If Nicole was staying we'd be good friends too, but she said she was glad Danielle would have someone to hang out with.  We've already made plans to take day trips to a wolf sanctuary in new mexico, sedona, and various hiking adventures.  I'm excited to have a friend finally!  Hopefully she'll keep me from being too much of a hermit.  So not only did I make a friend, I found a place to sit and charge my computer and use the internet and hang out!  Several rennies came in and out so it seems like a nice, Ren approved spot.

When i got back to site, I called Jim (my friend in the ninja camp) and he helped set up my perma-tent.  It's HUGE and spacious and I'm relaxing in it now.

I need to get a little dust buster to de-dirtify the floor because it's pretty bad.  Add that to the list of Things To Buy When I Have Money.  This weekend will be hectic, then next week is student days, also hectic, and then NEXT week is a 3 day weekend!  Instead of fretting about all the work and such I just keep thinking:  I'm going to make SO much money!  Stay positive, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment