Wednesday, February 22, 2012

uncle fuckin' rotten tooth


Ooh, y'all, I finally get to rant about something.

So, I'm returning from my coffee/internet/grocery shopping/ice trip, and had just stopped by my boss's trailer to get paid some more money for helping set up the pirate booth before the faire started.  I was driving very carefully down the extremely bumpy road, as usual, staring at my speedometer to make sure I wasn't going over 5 mph.  Driving 5 mph is fucking HARD, by the way.  I basically was just letting the car coast and steering it, which is what I always do.  I stopped at my tent, and was rooting around trying to find something when I hear a VIOLENT knocking on my window, and open the door to see an angry, creepy sunken-faced toothless old rennie dude glaring angrily at me.  

He then proceeds to yell at me about how I'm ALWAYS speeding, and THEY have to breathe the dust, and if you're kicking up dust you're going too fast, and he watches me drive in and out and I NEVER go 5, and he only just now caught me.  I was just staring at him, aghast, and finally said, "I'm really sorry, I was watching my speed the whole time, I thought I was going 5…" and he said "YOU WEREN'T.  I'm reporting you to Rook!" the camp director.  And he walked away, as I said "okay…I'm sorry…."  

Now, this angered me, because I ALWAYS try very hard to only go 5 mph, as I said.  It's hard, and I don't even put my foot on the gas.  This particular time, I was making especially sure.  Of course, 3 minutes after this dude was on his way, my neighbor comes peeling in, definitely faster than 5 and definitely kicking up dust.  Yet did HE get yelled at?  Oh, no.  (at least, I don't think so.)  Anyway, what is this guy doing that he just WATCHES me driving around and apparently speeding?  Does he have a speed gun?  Of course my car is kicking up dust…EVERY car is kicking up dust, no matter how fast or slow they go.  It's the fucking DESERT, and the road is full of deep, giant potholes.  If I was going fast, my car would be fucked up.  Also, he REALLY didn't have to YELL at me.  If he had stopped me and just said politely yet sternly that he had noticed me kind of speeding on more than one occasion, and that it makes too much dust and etc, I would have been totally understand and apologetic and made extra care to drive super slow from now on.  I'll make sure I'm driving super slow from now on, but now I hate him.  Nobody likes the grumpy old dude who sits around policing how fast the kids are driving through the neighborhood.  It also surprises me whenever anyone yells at ME, because I am so quiet and unassuming and always try to be as polite as possible and not rile anyone up.  

Anyway, I'm pissed off.  I don't even want to go do anything tonight because I'm in a bad mood now, thanks, dude!  I'll probably just take something to calm me down, have a few beers, and go to bed early.  Also, none of my friends are actually going to this thing tonight, one is going to some drum jam firedancing thing in the desert and one has been drinking all day and is probably going to pass out early too.  Bah!  I am NOT just going to go by myself and hope I see someone I know, because that only works at EB's.  There will be other parties, I'm sure.  I'm just not in the mood for any of that right now, I want to go to sleep and wake up tomorrow only mildly annoyed by this instead of supremely pissed off.  

1 comment:

  1. Go to Rook yourself and tell him that this man is harrassing you and that all the cars kick up dust. I know you are a careful driver you didn't deserve that. We love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete