Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Here I am in New York!  The reason I haven't updated in a while is because there hasn't been much to update.  I've been spending all my time just hanging out with my friend at his booth watching movies and getting drunk, etc.

But now I'm in New York!

I got a job selling coffee and tea at the Cappucino Inn.  Apparently the tips are great at this show so I could be making a lot more money than I have at the other shows.  Colorado was a total bust as far as that was concerned, and I really disliked my job (never ended up working in the capes booth, just tying corsets all day until all the skin on my fingers ripped off...) and wasn't right for it, and what with the fires raging all over the state, nobody really came out, and if they did they didn't buy anything.  It's an awesome state, though, and I did have a good time friending around with my friend.  We spent, I think, every day together for 6 weeks but 3.  Now we're in separate states and it's weird.  I miss him, but it'll be a really good thing to not have something to fall back on every day and actually go out and make new friends.  I live across the path from some gutter punk looking kids, so that's promising!  During the week, though, I'll probably be spending as much time as possible in the city with my best friends.

The drive from Colorado to New York was pretty intense.  In Pennsylvania I started hallucinating and the mountains were so foggy and spooky and the moon was full and I watched all these crazy clouds turning into freaky shapes:  a dragon with the moon for it's eye, a giant bat reaching out with its hand and eating the moon.  It was surreal and awesome.  Everyone told me that Kansas majorly sucks to drive through, but there were lightning storms there all night as we drove through so it was actually pretty cool to see.  I wouldn't want to repeat it again, though.  At least...not til next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment