Tuesday, August 28, 2012

no one can see me

I went to new york City last week, and I'm going again next week!  I loved it more than ever this trip.  Sometimes when I go, I don't like it and the subway is menacing and the streets are impossible to navigate.  But this time, I had fun navigating Port Authority and Penn Station by myself and all the trains magically pulled into the station at the exact time as I was walking into the station.   I think I liked the city so much this time because I felt so anonymous, finally.  I liked walking around and knowing that no one knew who I was or where I worked and no one cared what I was doing.  I'm pretty sure it's the same here but sometimes when I start my car I just know at least 3 people will turn and look at me and it feels so heavy that they all know my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment