Thursday, March 29, 2012

wash it all down the drain

I haven't had a chance to write in a while, partly because there wasn't much to write about, and partly because my computer charger decided to crap out on me.  Luckily my parents were able to find the cable I needed for cheaper than retail price (really, Apple?  charging $80 for a charger that only lasts 3 years AT THE MOST?  this is the FOURTH ONE i've had!)

Anyway, I'm back!  Not including today, I only have 4 full days left in Arizona, which makes me sad.  I really love it out here.  I love having mountains as a backdrop for everything, everywhere I go.  But it's time to move on!  I'll be back next year (even have a tentative job plan which will pay better and I'll even be able to live in a booth...with ELECTRICITY!!!!)

I've been much more social and happy these past few weeks.  Mostly because I'm just putting myself out there more, and also because I met a few people who make it easier for me, and gone out a few more times.  Last wednesday was the Funky Formal, where I dressed like a vampire/witch (my usual party attire) and wore lipstick and almost had a panic attack and left, but I started talking to Santiago Tynker and we ended up talking for 2 hours and then dancing a little even though the music was not to my liking, dance-wise.

I went to the last Sunday night karaoke and sang a song and had a silly time with my new friends, and drove home a few people who showered money on me even though I would have driven them for free!  I won't turn down free money, though.

What else, what else.  Oh, Sunday night some random dude who was being way too aggressively loud and pervy said something that made me angry.  He saw me sitting by myself, smoking a cigarette outside, probably with a dour expression on my face, which is just the face I make when I'm not making a face.  He came over and said "you're so emotional!  let me give you a tip:  and remember, when someone who loves you gives you a tip, you should take it.  (I've never seen this dude before in my life, let alone think of him as someone who loves me...) 'When you wash a dish, don't think of the dish as dirty, the dish is clean...it just has dirt on it.  So next time you're washing the dishes, remember that, and just let the dirt wash away, and let all your emotions just drain away, and be gone and washed clean."
Now, this is alright advice, I suppose, but I am NOT emotional!  At least, I wasn't at the time.  I looked him dead in the eyes and said 'I have no emotions.  My heart is an empty perfume bottle.' in my most monotone voice, and he laughed nervously and walked away.  Honestly, though!  It's rather rude to just go up to someone you don't know and tell them to stop being so emotional.  I was having a good time, even!  Oh well, no harm done.

I'm being semi-lazy about getting ready for Scarborough, but it gets so hot and I just don't want to do anything.  I cleaned out my car and threw out all my trash and a few other things, but I have a feeling most of my work will have to be done on Monday/Tuesday morning, and I'll be leaving Tuesday afternoon, caravanning with my new friends.

I'm excited for the next step, because I hear this is a fun faire.  I'm also excited because most of the friends I've made here are moving on to Scarborough, with only 2 not going.  Also the Tynkers won't be there which sucks, but I guess I'll just have to find a new favorite show.  We actually won't be at any of the same shows til, well, Arizona, next year.  Horrible!

The next time I write, I'll probably be in Texas, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment