Monday, April 9, 2012

this is where the deceit begins

One weekend down!  I really enjoy this faire...the site is really cool and the food is amazing and there's The Junque...an on-site restaurant near the end of the campgrounds (probably a 5 minute walk from my house) and the showers where you can grab VERY reasonably priced food (not that I've eaten there yet, just gone after work for a couple beers.)  I think it's really cool to have a place like that right on-site...it's not for patrons, just us.  Everybody's known about this place for a million years I'm sure but HEY I'M NEW!  At least I have a few friends who are newbies too.  Everyone just seems more laid back and happy to be here than in Arizona.

I DEFINITELY enjoy my job about a million times more than selling the wings in Arizona.  God, I hated it by the end.  But I already knew I liked working at Ophelia's, since I manage it in NC, but I didn't know what it would be like working with Katie and Colleen.  It's great!  Katie always makes sure to run out and grab drinks for us and make sure we're okay and have eaten and all that.  And I can just walk out to go to the bathroom instead of storing it up all day for my 2 thirty minute breaks.  We were all sitting and having a beer and a cigarette at the end of the day (you're allowed to openly drink on the premises here!  amazing!)  and Katie gave me a long pep talk about how they both love me and she can tell already that we're going to be the A team and we're going to rock it out because I'm so perfect for the job, etc, really nice stuff.  It was really great to hear!

Afterwards I went to the Junque and met up with my friends, continued a conversation I'd had with a boy I'd met the night before about my fake son, Davy Jones (that's a whole other entry) and just hung out and relaxed.  I gave my garlic knots to a boy I'd just met, and we became instant friends and he also gave me a really awesome pep-talk and massaged a huuuuuge knot out of my shoulder while encouraging me to let out all my bottled up anxieties, which really helped.  He said he'd never felt a muscle relax so much just from someone talking.  I met up again with the other boy and we went back to his van (!!) and sat up talking all night, and I passed out there.  Hmm, I think I might like him?  We'll see.  He made me laugh really hard several times, and that's pretty good for someone I just met.  If you're not funny or don't have a good sense of humor, we're not going to be friends.  Or we can be friends, I just won't like you that much.  :)

There's a party tonight, which I am definitely going to, although I kind of just wish I could hang out in my tent and watch movies all night.  If I had an actual long-lasting laptop battery, that would be feasible, but as it is, that's not going to happen, so party I will.  As for right now, I'm just contemplating what to eat for dinner and googling albino models and counter-culture webpages about hippie shit.  I read a thing and saw some pictures about Rainbow Gatherings and was like, ha!  That's my whole life!  Kind of.  When we were sitting outside the shop with our beers, the hypnotist walked by and said 'Look honey, hippies!' and I was like, 'nuh uh!  these legs are smooooooooth' and kicked my leg out.  I love you, free showers!  It was getting a little Ani Difranco in Arizona, to be frank, because I didn't feel like spending 3 bucks on a 10 minute shower, so I'd just hop in and out in 5 minutes and be done with it.    I do have one dreadlock though, that used to be a padawan braid that Larkyn made for me, but now it's a dreadlock and it's even growing out locked.  Maybe I'll get a bead for it.

I was supposed to run errands today but I'm so fried.  Tomorrow I'll probably be fried, too!  There's no rush, and I won't starve.  I like coming into town here, too, because the starbucks is nice and it's not as far as it was in Arizona.  Lalala.  Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment