Thursday, April 4, 2013

spring's awakening

It's cold in Texas!  the sky is menacingly grey but I don't think it's supposed to rain anymore.  it rained a lot last night, but we have a big tarp over our new tent so it didn't get our stuff wet.  i even have a little hidden covered spot to pee when it's raining too hard and dark enough that no one will see me.  other than that we are very close to the portas but i don't want to step in the mud or let ONE drop of water touch me.

texas is the weirdest state.  at least, the weirdest i've been to.  probably the only state worse than texas is florida, but i haven't been to florida in so long and will probably never, ever go again.

everyone is very concerned with being christian and what jesus thinks and what you think jesus thinks about you and what you think jesus and god want you to do with your life.  it's also highly concentrated here, because there's a christian college in this town.  even the hipster coffee shop is run by hipster jesus freaks.  i just came to starbucks today because even though they're evil, corporate, etc. i love their passion tea lemonade.  also the ONLY other place in town is the hipster coffee shop and it's a garage and has no climate control.

This is the funnest show, though I don't want to have any fun because it's too cold.  I just want to stay here on the internet or go home and wrap up in bed and read.  I'm in the middle of at least 5 books now.  I keep picking random ones up and then putting them down to read another one that fits my mood better.  I've never been good at reading one book at a time, unless it's a really, really good book and then I finish it in a day.  The last book I read was called Arcadia, which I named my car after.  It's about a boy who was born in a commune in the 60s or 70s and then has to go live in the real world.  It was really good, the writing was really good.  The ending was depressing, basically any part where he wasn't living in Arcadia anymore and had a jerk wife and a jerk daughter.  Nobody should ever have kids.

Both the boy and I got jobs at this show last minute.  His was much more last minute, like literally the day we got here.  Mine was finalized the last day of Arizona.  I don't like neither of us knowing if we have a job or not.  At least I'm all set for the rest of the year.

We stayed at the King Spa for a night before we made it to the faire.  I don't remember if I've written about it before.  It's a huge korean spa with many different sauna rooms, and hot tubs and cold tubs and steam saunas.  You have to walk around naked in the hot tub rooms, and wearing these weird pajamas in the saunas.  They have delicious korean food, and a movie room where you can curl up in a giant recliner and go to sleep.  It's really cheap for a 24 hour stay, only $30!  It's great for after or before a long journey.  We're definitely stopping through on our way to Colorado.

Maybe I'll write again before Colorado...but who knows?  Nothing much is really happening and I plan on being more social this show.  But then, I always say that, and always end up hermit-ing away after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment