Monday, January 21, 2013

The Final Problem, pt. 2

Oh Moriarty, you devious cad!  

Tonight's my second night in the tiny town named after the "Napoleon of Crime."  When people say the name out here, I feel like they have NO idea who Moriarty is. 

The terrible news is, my car is dead forever.  I'm ridiculously sentimental towards objects, so it was sad for me to pull away (in a cherry red 2012 volkswagen jetta - sadly just a rental...) and see it one last time.  That car is so familiar to me, it's like saying goodbye to an old familiar face.  But sometimes the things we love die before their time, and we must say goodbye.  

Now I have the unenviable task of finding a new car in two months, that'll get me across the country and doesn't cost a ton.  What ended up being wrong was a piston blew in my engine, and it would cost more to fix than the car is worth, and I'd be stuck here for a WEEK.  No, thank you!  

So tomorrow, finally, I will be in Arizona.  Then I'll be stuck without a vehicle for a few weeks, probably...experiencing real rennie life, I guess.  It's all going to be very annoying, but for now I can't do anything but hang out in bed watching TV and hanging out on the internet...for the last time in a while, probably.  And for tomorrow, I get to drive a sweet new car through some of the most beautiful landscapes in the country... And for only a breezy 7 hours!  

No comments:

Post a Comment