Tuesday, May 21, 2013

tex-ass

It's been a pretty uneventful few weeks.  After my Shamber Adventure I was decidedly anti-partying, although I did allow myself to get dragged to the Funky Formal by my fairy friend Erica, a positive influence always.  I had been drinking half the day already, and the boy was planning to go but I was being a humbug so I was ready to call it a night when she came by with a bottle of wine and after some catching up I relented.  I'm glad I did because I had a ton of fun dancing and randomly meeting a boy who was born in the same county as I was in New York...definitely a strange thing when we're in, you know, Waxahachie Texas at a rennies-only restaurant in the middle of kind of nowhere.  Also, the juices and berries were flowing so I went right ahead and laid in the stream and let it float me behind the waterfall.  (Euphemisms, woo!) 
We spent the next day tucked in bed while a thunderstorm raged outside, which was exactly the kind of situation I wanted.  Every rumble of thunder that shook the bed made us giggle.  Well, everything pretty much made us giggle.  It was a nice day.  

Other than that, the days have kind of blended together.  Money's tight and Texas is boring, and I haven't been in the best frame of mind for socializing, although the boy's BFF and his girlfriend are fun to hang out with, we end up getting drunk with them a few nights a week.  

The area around the faire has been beset with storms and tornado warnings, which I'm currently riding out at the moment although this latest hasn't hit yet.  The Big One that was supposed to hit us last week ended up just being wind and super heavy rain.  The storm last night sent a branch plummeting down to our neighbor's roof, although luckily it was caught in a tangle of other branches.  Our neighbor on the other side of us had the exact same thing happen a few weeks ago, so I'm counting us extremely lucky.  

Nothing much else to report.  Hopefully this tornado watch will also prove to be nothing much.  

I'm so ready to get to Colorado, and although it really sucks that we have 2 weekends in between (no work on weekends = no money!) we are able to stay in a cabin in the mountains not far from site, a cabin with a huge TV and internet and netflix and and and and and I'm excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment